This page contains an overview and more detailed description of the different roles that volunteers undertake at The Hospital of St Cross
What we look for in a volunteer
- Friendly and approachable
- Caring and good listeners
- Comfortable approaching people to offer help
- Able to work independently and use initiative after initial training period
- Emotionally mature and able to stay calm in difficult situations
What can you expect from us?
You will receive appropriate training and be fully supported by the team of Service Co-ordinators and the Board of trustees.
Volunteers are provided with uniforms. Examples are shown in some of the photos on the following pages.
Browse the list of services in the index to find out more and click on the links to view or download documents.